This site contains topics and information discussed on the Gasification email list to help develop gasfiication systems for biomass fuels.
Subscribe to the Gasification Email Discussion List
and take a look at the Discussion List Archives
If you have relevant information or pictures please send it to T R Miles, so we can post it through this site and share it with other interested folks.
PURPOSE and SCOPE
The purpose of this "Gasification" list is to promote the development and introduction of gasification of biomass to syngas for liquid fuels, heat and power.
The scope is broad:
- "promote" includes technical information exchange, discussion of difficulties and means to overcome them, identification of pertinent
literature and expertise, etc.,
- "development" includes such topics as research, development, demonstration and commercial manufacturing techniques.
- "introduction" includes world-wide, using products fabricated in factories, the traditional sector, or by users.
- "improved" refers to factors that will reduce biomass consumption, improve the health of users, reduce pollution (both locally
and globally), and/or augment income (as through charcoal-making),
- "biomass" includes wood, charcoal, crop residues, and animal manures.
- "gasifiers" can be used for heat generation for drying, curing, steam or hot water, syngas for liquid fuels production or fuel gas for power generation through engines and turbines.
The scope excludes commercial promotion of any specific corporation, but product identification and product factual information is encouraged.
The Gasification email list is moderated by: Tom Miles
The email list and website are hosted by T.R. Miles, Technical Consultants, at http://www.bioenergylists.org/
They are a continuation of the Original lists which were hosted by the Renewable Energy Policy Project, Washington, D.C. (repp.org) and originally hosted by the Center for Renewable and Sustainable Technologies (CREST) started in 1994.